Journal Entry: Sat May 14, 2011, 7:37 AM
So for the past two weeks I have actually been M.I.A (missing in action) from deviantart, the internet, and the whole electronic universe. For my eight grade year at my school, we took a trip to Israel. I have billions of great pictures to upload which I am about to do. Hope you enjoy and I can't wait to get back into deviantart. Thanks for all of the previous favs from when I was in Israel.
Here are 10 great things about Israel:
1. Being a Jew makes me feel connected to the land and the people living there.
2. Israeli Fanta tastes AMAZING!!!!
3. Almost everybody there speaks at least two languages, English and Hebrew. [The 3 most common sayings I used while I was there are, slechah (sorry or excuse me), shalom (hello, goodbye, or peace), and anie loe medaberet evreet (I don't speak Hebrew.)]
4. I learned to live off of shwarma, humus, and pita.
5. The babies and little kids almost NEVER cry. I don't know how or why but even when they fall on their faces, they come up with a smile.
6. There is always an ice cream truck nearby.
7. On the Holocaust and Israeli soldier memorial day, a siren goes off for 1-2 minutes and everybody stops. Even cars on the highway stop and drivers get out and stand in silence.
8. There is always places to go and stuff to do while visiting.
9. Chocolate tastes 10 times better.
10. You don't have to worry about tax and everything is so cheap.
Listening to: Akko LeTova
Playing: Mario Kart Wii
Drinking: Israeli Fanta